Monday, November 16, 2009

Lizi's Treacle and Pecan Granola



I know that cereals are good for breakfast and that they are a healthy and lasting source of energy, however I get tired after a couple of days eating them.
There are not rare the times that I eat them before going to bed, instead of having them in the morning.
Anyway, I'm not the kind of person who goes to buy something just because it showed in the media, however a packing with a good image will call my attention. That's what happened with Lizi's Treacle and Pecan Granola, from GoodCarb Food Company.
I can't remember if at that time I had the intention to buy breakfast (or not) cereals, but since the packing had such a nice look and the word "granola" was on it (I had read good things about it on a blog), I picked it up, read the ingredients, that include pecan, which is something that I like and it's rare to find in products here in Portugal, and decided to buy it.
With roasted pecans that contain selenium, zinc, vitamin E and anti-oxidants, this granola is complemented with black treacle, resulting in a "golden toffee flavour".
Included are also sunflower and pumpkin seeds (know for their benefits in prostrate problems prevention).
The taste is pleasant, not as sweet as those breakfast cereals for children, nor dull like other ones and after adding the milk, they keep crunchy.
If you like cereals, you should give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment