Sunday, March 14, 2010

Quaker Cruesli Chocolate



I know the Quaker Cruesli brand for more than 20 years and has always been one of my favourites.
Some years ago they introduced the chocolate version into this breakfast cereal line, but only now I decided to try it since I may like chocolate, but for breakfast I prefer other flavours.
My outlook was positive, but at the same time I was aprehensive since the chocolate could mean that I could find it too sweet.
So, I opened the package and put some Cruesli on a plate (some chunks may seem to big, but that's ok), to which I added milk (cold or room temperature).
The cereals, which are mainly constituted by oats, revealed themselves crunchy as is usual with this brand and the bits of dark chocolate, supplied in a generous quantity, have a good flavour.
The chocolate doesn't have that pronounced flavour usually found in chocolates, in fact I suppose that most cereal brands are the same, which in my opinion is a good thing because it would make it too sweet for a breakfast cereal.
Other included ingredients are: wheat, cinnamon, dried coconut and molasses.
Cruesli Chocolate from Quaker Cruesli will satisfy kids and grown-ups who like breakfast cereals and chocolate.

3 comments:

  1. I've never really gotten used to the idea of chocolate for breakfast but my sisters have no issue with it, I'll pass this info on to them :) Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cerealicious! Just got back from Athens, where I had this Quaker Cruesli with chocolate chunks for the first time and, it turned out, every morning I was in Greece.

    ReplyDelete